FYI: Omada Contoller 5.13.22 IoT Devices not connecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-04 15:38:18 - last edited 2023-12-04 15:41:09
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 5.13.22

I think this does fit into the WiFi since it impact the connectiity, please move this if this is not appropriate

I am running the Omada controller as a docker container and saw the update to 5.13.22.  After the upgrade, I noticed that many of my IoT / Smart Home devices no longer could connect to Wifi.  Since I also upgraded the EAP670 to 1.0.22, I unfortunately spent way too much time troubleshooting the AP. 

In the end, it turns out that Protected Management Frames (PMF) on my WiFi network got set to mandatory.  After setting this to Capable, all the connections where restored.

This can be found here:

Settings > Wireless Networks > WLAN > [SSID]

Hope this helps someone else!

Options
7 Reply
Re:FYI: Omada Contoller 5.13.22 IoT Devices not connecting
2023-12-05 09:27:46

Hello @dimple_dan

Thank you so much for taking the time to report the issue to our community!

Currently, the PMF (Protected Management Frames) settings will automatically become Mandatory only when attempting to set the SSID to '6G Only.'

Therefore, we kindly ask you to confirm if you have manually changed the PMF setting to Mandatory before.

Alternatively, if you recall any specific situation that triggered the automatic change to Mandatory PMF setting, please let us know.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-12-05 14:40:59

@Hank21 

There was no change on my part.   I have the EAP660HD and the EAP670, so I have no 6Ghz capable APs.  Even have the 6Ghz disabled for all SSIDs.

The PMF setting is not anything I would have changed and "should" have been at the default settings. After the update, one SSID was set to disabled, one set to capable and the other was set to required.  That last one unfortunately was where my IoT devices where.

Not sure why they would have been different since I have all AP broadcasting all SSIDs.

Options
2023-12-06 03:51:29

Hi @dimple_dan

Thanks for the detailed description, may I confirm from which firmware version did you upgrade to the Controller 5.13.22?

Please share some screenshots of your 3 SSID settings so that we may check what differences there among them.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-12-06 16:42:55 - last edited 2023-12-06 16:52:12

@Hank21 

I am pretty sure I was on Controller 5.12.7.

Here are the screenshots.  The only difference between them is rate limiting options.  It looked a little off, so I did create profiles for all my rate limiting after looking at those.

File:
Archive.zipDownload
Options
2023-12-07 03:21:42

Hi @dimple_dan,

Could you also share the specific settings of your rate limit profiles?

Options
2023-12-08 03:49:14

@Hank21 

What you see is what you get.  Those profiles where created AFTER the upgrade.

Options
2023-12-12 01:35:03

Hi @dimple_dan,

Thanks for all information you provided, it's very helpful.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 733

Replies: 7

Related Articles