Firmware upgrade no more access to configuration web page

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-01 16:33:34 - last edited 2024-01-01 16:49:21
Model: TL-SG116E  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: TL-SG116E(UN) 2.0_20230219

Hi,

I updated the switch to the latest version. Before this update I could access the switch from browser by entering the ip address.

Now after the update I cannot see it on the lan and I can access it only using Easy Smart Configuration.

Why? DHCP is enabled on the switch, but it reads 192.168.0.1, it doesn't get an IP. What is happening?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Firmware upgrade no more access to configuration web page
2024-01-02 03:28:51

Hi @CatLink 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

How do you connect the switch now? Diagram? Is there a DHCP server connected to the switch?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-01-02 05:17:16 - last edited 2024-01-02 05:17:56

@Clive_A I am connecting using the application "Easy Smart Configuration Utility"

There is a DHCP on the router. It was working perfectly before the update. All other devices are working fine.

Options
2024-01-02 08:03:33 - last edited 2024-01-02 08:04:58

Hi @CatLink 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

CatLink wrote

@Clive_A I am connecting using the application "Easy Smart Configuration Utility"

There is a DHCP on the router. It was working perfectly before the update. All other devices are working fine.

You don't seem to understand what I am saying. And your reply is the same as the first reply. It does not provide anything useful to me. I cannot troubleshoot with this useless and plain information.

So you are only describing this by words and I need to make sure you are doing everything right. Or it would be best to give a video demo to show the issue. What I do is to point out what you did wrong or you made a mistake.

I am now completely not following what you say. I know it is the program for the PC. I am asking about your network diagram and how you connect the switch to the network. What IP you used. That's your issue so I am asking for details about that part.

The switch gets an IP from the router, so have you looked for the IP on the router and used that IP to log in?

No more access. So you were using the IP on the web browser and logged into it, that would be your description? Can you confirm your steps are correct?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-01-02 08:16:42 - last edited 2024-01-02 08:19:36

@Clive_A

The switch gets an IP from the router, so have you looked for the IP on the router and used that IP to log in?

After the update, the switch no longer gets an IP from the router where the DHCP server is running.

No more access. So you were using the IP on the web browser and logged into it, that would be your description? Can you confirm your steps are correct?

I am not using the web browser anymore, because no IP is allocated to the switch. The only I can access the switch now is to use "Easy Smart Configuration Utility", Now the IP address for the switch is 192.168.0.1

Options