Can't connect to OpenVPN through mobile phone

2024-04-08 10:54:54
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: v2_2.2.4 Build 20240119

Hi,

I have problem to connect to OpenVPN through mobile phone. With the same config file OpenVPN works fine on a PC. I tried with different phones - Android and IOs, with different Android versions, with different client programs but it is the same - the VPN connection is created but I don't have access to the network. 

With my old router AX-72 everything works fine

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't connect to OpenVPN through mobile phone
2024-04-09 01:19:46

Hi @N_Stamatov 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Are you looking for this? In case this is what you need.

Besides, cannot connect means it does not even join the server? What is your IP like on the WAN?

Any details about your setup?

Please mosaic your sensitive information. Here is a list of information considered sensitive:

1. Public IP address on your WAN if your WAN is.

2. Real MAC address of your device.

3. Your personal information including address, domain name, and credentials.

For troubleshooting purposes, when a WAN IP is needed, please leave some values visible for identification.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-04-09 11:27:49

@Clive_A Thank you for your answer and proposal, but unfortunately it does not work for me. I tried with 3 different Android programs and there is no connection to the local network. With the same config file the PC works. The WAN IP is 46.10.1xx.xxx , Local network is 192.168.3.

Best regards

Options
2024-04-10 00:49:15

Hi @N_Stamatov 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

N_Stamatov wrote

@Clive_A Thank you for your answer and proposal, but unfortunately it does not work for me. I tried with 3 different Android programs and there is no connection to the local network. With the same config file the PC works. The WAN IP is 46.10.1xx.xxx , Local network is 192.168.3.

Best regards

I would still assume that is a problem with your Android.

Can you paste the lines of the config from your .ovpn which you have modified and imported after the suggestions? I don't need your keys but the lines above the keys. And partially remove your IP.

Can you make it work on the iOS? Or both systems while on the cellular do not work?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options