Omada Web Controller displays the wrong device in the Known Clients list when you click on it?

Omada Web Controller displays the wrong device in the Known Clients list when you click on it?

2024-04-19 14:43:35 - last edited 2024-04-19 14:45:09
Tags: #ACL
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.13.30.8

Hey everyone! 

I've got two TP-Link EAP225's that I manage for a Physical Therapy Clinic using the Omada Cloud Controller.

I've noticed a weird quirk with the controller in the Insights > Known Clients list. When I filter the list by "Blocked" and click on a client, the client that comes up on the right isn't the same client. 

This has on at least two occasions resulted in the wrong device being given a name it shouldn't have been given. And I can't rename it because I can't select it! 

Is this a known bug with Cloud Controller 5.13.30.8?

I should also mention I'm using the controller on Windows 11 Pro (22H2, Build 22621.3447) with Chrome 123.0.6312.123 (Official Build) (64-bit) (cohort: Stable).

Thanks for any help all.

Jesse

Options
1 Reply
Re:Omada Web Controller displays the wrong device in the Known Clients list when you click on it?
2024-04-22 06:23:29

JesseHachey wrote

Hey everyone! 

I've got two TP-Link EAP225's that I manage for a Physical Therapy Clinic using the Omada Cloud Controller.

I've noticed a weird quirk with the controller in the Insights > Known Clients list. When I filter the list by "Blocked" and click on a client, the client that comes up on the right isn't the same client. 

This has on at least two occasions resulted in the wrong device being given a name it shouldn't have been given. And I can't rename it because I can't select it! 

Is this a known bug with Cloud Controller 5.13.30.8?

I should also mention I'm using the controller on Windows 11 Pro (22H2, Build 22621.3447) with Chrome 123.0.6312.123 (Official Build) (64-bit) (cohort: Stable).

Thanks for any help all.

Jesse

Hi @JesseHachey 

Currently only the connected client will you be able to customize the name/username smoothly. For the blocked client, since its IP/MAC(due to private IP address etc) might be changed after reconnection, we may fail to customize the blocked client's name or there will be different client records under the known clients when they actually are the same client. I will mark down this situation and forward to the developer department. Hope it will be optimized in the future.
Thanks for your feedback!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 210

Replies: 1

Tags

Related Articles