How to correctly configure Option 66 and 67 in Omada?

2024-04-26 07:42:34
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Latest

How to configure Option 66 and 67 in Omada (with OC200).

I have an iVentoy pxe server running on a Linux server. I followed the all iVentoy's documentation stated in iVentoy's website

but I can't get it to work in Omada.

The detected PXE server is still my gateway instead of the IP address of my Linux machine running iVentoy.

These are the settings:

And this was the error:

Options
3 Reply
Re:How to correctly configure Option 66 and 67 in Omada?
2024-04-28 01:47:13

Hi @ceejaybassist 
Thanks for posting in our business forum.
You might need the next server over them. Next server is quite important for PXE boot. Standalone mode has a beta but not for the controller. Controller is ETA V5.15 or 5.16 to have this added.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Friday

Hi @Clive_A,

Over a yeas has passed ant there is still no 5.15 release. Any ETA available so PXEboot will work in controller-mode?

Options
Saturday - last edited Saturday

Hi @XisoP_ 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

XisoP_ wrote

Hi @Clive_A,

Over a yeas has passed ant there is still no 5.15 release. Any ETA available so PXEboot will work in controller-mode?

1. We have a list of requests pending to be added. They have been marked with different priorities. From last year the very first request, till it was officially reported and evaluated and considered to be added to the V5.15.X release early this year.

2. Please note that this will involve an adapted firmware, not just a controller update. Firmware development is a complex process, and timelines may change. Therefore, we cannot provide a specific release date at this time. Please stay tuned to future firmware release notes for updates.

So it is not just added to the firmware that easy. I probably can apply for a beta for you but you cannot use it in the controller mode until the controller is fully adapted.

3. Due to the previous posts of feature requests, it had an unpleasant conversation. We no longer provide specific ETA, or timeline now. Please wait for the firmware release and refer to the release note.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 481

Replies: 3

Related Articles