Tl-sg2216 buzzing

Tl-sg2216 buzzing

Tl-sg2216 buzzing
Tl-sg2216 buzzing
2024-06-03 20:23:54 - last edited 2024-06-04 02:38:30
Model: TL-SG2216  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My partner died not long ago (he was the house techie) and I know nothing about our set up at home other than I have an old tl sg2216 which is buzzing. I don't know which hardware or firmware version it is either.

I'm assuming as it's buzzing it's developed a fault so my question is what do I do?

If it needs replacing what do I replace it with that's simple enough for an idiot like me?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tl-sg2216 buzzing-Solution
2024-06-04 01:10:45 - last edited 2024-06-04 02:38:30

Hi @Kerrytog 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

First, the buzzing sound may not come from the switch. It could be anything buzzing from a power outlet to the power adapter.

Could you confirm where the sound comes from? If you are certain it is coming from the switch, you can contact the support and express your request.

Second, buzzing does not mean it is bad or broken. You should still verify whether it is working or not. Please describe what you see from the front panel of the interface.

Third, if it is your power adapter buzzing or the connector on the switch, reconnect them or change a new power outlet/strip to try. It could be a loose cable.

If your expectation is to get an RMA, contact the technical support for further assistance and troubleshooting before they issue an approval.

Note that the fee to ship back the device is not covered, you should pay this shipping fee to send the unit back to us.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Tl-sg2216 buzzing-Solution
2024-06-04 01:10:45 - last edited 2024-06-04 02:38:30

Hi @Kerrytog 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

First, the buzzing sound may not come from the switch. It could be anything buzzing from a power outlet to the power adapter.

Could you confirm where the sound comes from? If you are certain it is coming from the switch, you can contact the support and express your request.

Second, buzzing does not mean it is bad or broken. You should still verify whether it is working or not. Please describe what you see from the front panel of the interface.

Third, if it is your power adapter buzzing or the connector on the switch, reconnect them or change a new power outlet/strip to try. It could be a loose cable.

If your expectation is to get an RMA, contact the technical support for further assistance and troubleshooting before they issue an approval.

Note that the fee to ship back the device is not covered, you should pay this shipping fee to send the unit back to us.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 228

Replies: 1

Related Articles