ER605 Omada wont access internet without 2nd router.

2024-06-14 15:43:44
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello, 

I live in a remote area so my best access to a decent ISP is an ATT hotspot (Netgear M6 Pro). My old setup had the hot spot hooked up to an Netgear RAX50-100NAS that then split out to the shop and different rooms of the house. 

I wanted to use an ER605, OC200, EAP673, and SG2210MP set up in the house to allow for a security system VLAN, guest VLAN, and main VLAN with the ability to have a VPN tunnel for secure remote access to my files on the server. 

but here's where it becomes interesting, I'm not very proficient with the Omada software as I am new to it. I got everything up and running after a lot of playing around, but as soon as I took out the Netgear router, I lost access to the internet. As I'm writing this, I think I need to disconnect the WAN and reconnect (see picture) once the Netgear router is removed. can anyone confirm?

Options
1 Reply
Re:ER605 Omada wont access internet without 2nd router.
2024-06-17 02:32:03

Hi @SweetEnterprise 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Probably reboot your modem when you connect and replace it with the ER605. So that your ISP can auth your new router and allow it to connect. This is a common way to get a new router working.

If it doesn't, I need more information about your WAN IP address.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options