Wirelessly Connecting Three Buildings Using TP-Link CPE510

2024-07-12 13:40:52 - last edited 2024-07-16 03:07:30

Hi everyone,

I’m not a network expert, so apologies if I make any mistakes.

I have three buildings, and I want to connect them without cables using the TP-Link CPE510 5GHz 300Mbps 13dBi Outdoor model. Each building is within 100 meters of each other. However, one of the buildings has devices that only work with LAN (Ethernet).

What’s the best solution for connecting LAN devices to the CPEs?

I want to establish a stable network with minimal delay. Any advice on achieving this?

I’ve attached a map of what I want to achieve.cfb33c1e389743c796d2899726c62d55

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Wirelessly Connecting Three Buildings Using TP-Link CPE510-Solution
2024-07-16 03:04:39 - last edited 2024-07-16 03:07:30

@networkidiot 

The CPE510 unit in Access Point mode can be directly connected to the building roof's LAN connection to assist in signal transmission to the other CPE unit installed on the other building. I recommend installing two pair devices to provide two point-to-point connections.The client mode CPE unit receives the signal and then transfers it to the Ethernet port, allowing you to connect a switch or router to the Client mode CPE in the other building to extend the network.Aside from utilizing CPE to establish a point-to-point connection. You could also consider using EAP211 or EAP215 bridge kits to connect one building to another.

How to build a Wireless Network between home and farm using tp-link products

Bridge kits

You can purchase switches based on your needs. Whether it's unmanaged or managed, gigabit or megabit.

Before purchasing, please visit our official website to ensure the product meets your needs.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Wirelessly Connecting Three Buildings Using TP-Link CPE510
2024-07-12 22:31:32 - last edited 2024-07-15 01:26:58

@networkidiot 

You can look at this thread for details on connecting three buildings with CPE510.

To connect LAN devices you can use a network switch from TP-Link business line - details.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-07-14 11:23:16 - last edited 2024-07-15 01:26:58
Thank you for your response. One of my main questions is how to connect devices(just support LAN) placed on a building's roof to a CPE510. Additionally, I'm curious about the stability of this system and the type of switch needed for optimal network performance. Lastly, I'd like to know if the CPE510 is the best choice for my specific requirements.
Options
2024-07-14 11:23:22 - last edited 2024-07-15 01:26:58
Thank you for your response. One of my main questions is how to connect devices(just support LAN) placed on a building's roof to a CPE510. Additionally, I'm curious about the stability of this system and the type of switch needed for optimal network performance. Lastly, I'd like to know if the CPE510 is the best choice for my specific requirements.
Options
Re:Wirelessly Connecting Three Buildings Using TP-Link CPE510-Solution
2024-07-16 03:04:39 - last edited 2024-07-16 03:07:30

@networkidiot 

The CPE510 unit in Access Point mode can be directly connected to the building roof's LAN connection to assist in signal transmission to the other CPE unit installed on the other building. I recommend installing two pair devices to provide two point-to-point connections.The client mode CPE unit receives the signal and then transfers it to the Ethernet port, allowing you to connect a switch or router to the Client mode CPE in the other building to extend the network.Aside from utilizing CPE to establish a point-to-point connection. You could also consider using EAP211 or EAP215 bridge kits to connect one building to another.

How to build a Wireless Network between home and farm using tp-link products

Bridge kits

You can purchase switches based on your needs. Whether it's unmanaged or managed, gigabit or megabit.

Before purchasing, please visit our official website to ensure the product meets your needs.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-07-16 07:08:17

@Hank21 

Hello,

Thank you for your comprehensive response; I appreciate the detail. Before making my purchase, I wanted to confirm a few things. I plan to label the image with what I intend to buy. Regarding the router, I currently have one and I'm hoping it will suffice for my needs. If it's not suitable, could you recommend a good alternative?My goal is simply to establish a network between these PCs for basic tasks, such as transferring files from PC1 to PC3. It won't involve heavy files or streaming.( but i want a establish connection)

Thank you for your assistance.

Options
2024-07-17 02:41:06

@networkidiot 

You have a lot of options when it comes to the router. Your demand can be met once the link has been established. Regarding the CPE units, bear in mind that they have directional antennas that can only cover a limited angle. As a result, if both of your other buildings are outside of this range, you will need to buy two pairs in order to set up two point-to-point connections.

How to adjust orientation of outdoor AP for better signal coverage

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 353

Replies: 6

Related Articles