ER605 Port Mirroring Not Working After Upgrading My Broadband

2024-07-29 20:33:33 - last edited 2024-07-30 01:44:32
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello.  I've been using the ER605 Port Mirroring feature to check the speed of games on my PS5.

When I login to the tp-link portal via 192.168.0.1 and go to the "Network" => "Switch" => "Mirror", I've mirrored Port 5 (my laptop) to Port 4 (PS5).

This worked for the last 6 months but stopped working yesterday.

The only change I've made is that yesterday I changed my BT Broadband HUB router to a newer router.

When I connect my laptop to the ER605 router via my BT Broadband HUB the internet on my laptop is fine.

The only issue i'm having is transferring data from my PS5 to my laptop via the ER605 router.

So my question is, how do I get the mirroring to work again after I've changed my Broadband HUB?

Thanks!

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:ER605 Port Mirroring Not Working After Upgrading My Broadband-Solution
2024-07-30 01:44:28 - last edited 2024-07-30 01:44:32

Hi @al7861 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Port Mirroring has nothing to do with the networking. Or Internet access.

It only provides a copy of the traffic on the mirrored ports.

See the explanation from Google:

Port mirroring is a feature on network switches that allows you to copy and send network traffic from one port to another port on the same switch. This can be useful for monitoring network traffic for troubleshooting, security analysis, or performance monitoring purposes. By mirroring the traffic from one port to another, you can analyze the data without interfering with the normal operation of the network.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-07-31 17:44:59 - last edited 2024-08-01 00:58:25

@Clive_A - Thanks, I had to disable and enable the networking application and that fixed it.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
2024-07-30 01:44:28 - last edited 2024-07-30 01:44:32

Hi @al7861 

Port Mirroring has nothing to do with the networking. Or Internet access.

It only provides a copy of the traffic on the mirrored ports.

See the explanation from Google:

Port mirroring is a feature on network switches that allows you to copy and send network traffic from one port to another port on the same switch. This can be useful for monitoring network traffic for troubleshooting, security analysis, or performance monitoring purposes. By mirroring the traffic from one port to another, you can analyze the data without interfering with the normal operation of the network.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:ER605 Port Mirroring Not Working After Upgrading My Broadband
2024-07-30 08:10:42

@Clive_A - thanks for the explanation.  But why does the mirroring suddenly stop working when I changed my BT Hub router?  Do I need to reset anything in the tp-link dashboard?  Or is there anyway to debug this?

Options
Re:ER605 Port Mirroring Not Working After Upgrading My Broadband
2024-07-31 01:27:35

Hi @al7861 

al7861 wrote

@Clive_A - thanks for the explanation.  But why does the mirroring suddenly stop working when I changed my BT Hub router?  Do I need to reset anything in the tp-link dashboard?  Or is there anyway to debug this?

As explained above that the mirroring, you should only know if the mirroring stops working by Wiresharking or capturing any sort of packets.

So my question is if you have actually Wireshark or captured to conclude the result you have posted and asked.

You don't have to reset anything.

I don't know how to start the debug with this. It's very straightforward. You have to answer the question so I can confirm that the mirroring stops working. The easy way out is to disable and enable it. This should fix it.

Options
2024-07-31 17:44:59 - last edited 2024-08-01 00:58:25

@Clive_A - Thanks, I had to disable and enable the networking application and that fixed it.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 172

Replies: 4

Related Articles