5G tx-frame/rx-frame rate was displayed very high.

2024-08-16 08:02:22 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: EAP653  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.14

The wifi quality is bad again. I think I was mistaken that it was good because the client was disconnected all over while adjusting the tx value etc. I am still frustrated and want to solve this situation.

Please help me.

------------

hello. I am using it with the equipment configuration below.

ER707-M2, EAP653 3ea, PoE 5port, SG3428, 

Controller ver : 5.14.26.1

One day, the wifi speed quality was not good, so I checked and found that the 5G rx/tx-frame rate was displayed very high.

I tried changing the channel, changing the channel width, and adjusting the tx power, but it didn't work.

We are a dental clinic. If we check the 5G rx/tx-frame rate at night after our work is over, it is within the normal range.

Please give me a good solution idea

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re: 5G tx-frame/rx-frame rate was displayed very high.-Solution
2024-08-19 06:33:30 - last edited 2024-08-20 01:46:19

Hi  @itkairos 

The high 5G Rx/Tx frame rate during the day could be due to increased interference or congestion on the 5G network, especially if it's normal at night when there's less usage. Here are some suggestions:

1. Interference: Dental equipment or other electronic devices in your clinic might interfere with your Wi-Fi signal. Try to place your EAP653 away from these devices.

2. Congestion: If there are many devices connected to the 5G network, it might cause congestion, leading to a high Rx/Tx frame rate. Try to distribute the devices between the 2.4G and 5G networks.

3. Band Steering: Enable Band Steering on your EAP653. This feature will push dual-band devices to connect to the less congested 5G network.

4. Firmware Update: Make sure your EAP653 is running the latest firmware. Firmware updates often include performance improvements and bug fixes.

If none of these suggestions work, you might want to consider getting professional help to analyze the Wi-Fi environment and optimize the settings accordingly.

You can find an example on how to use wifi analyzer:  How to optimize wireless performance of EAP products

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re: 5G tx-frame/rx-frame rate was displayed very high.-Solution
2024-08-19 06:33:30 - last edited 2024-08-20 01:46:19

Hi  @itkairos 

The high 5G Rx/Tx frame rate during the day could be due to increased interference or congestion on the 5G network, especially if it's normal at night when there's less usage. Here are some suggestions:

1. Interference: Dental equipment or other electronic devices in your clinic might interfere with your Wi-Fi signal. Try to place your EAP653 away from these devices.

2. Congestion: If there are many devices connected to the 5G network, it might cause congestion, leading to a high Rx/Tx frame rate. Try to distribute the devices between the 2.4G and 5G networks.

3. Band Steering: Enable Band Steering on your EAP653. This feature will push dual-band devices to connect to the less congested 5G network.

4. Firmware Update: Make sure your EAP653 is running the latest firmware. Firmware updates often include performance improvements and bug fixes.

If none of these suggestions work, you might want to consider getting professional help to analyze the Wi-Fi environment and optimize the settings accordingly.

You can find an example on how to use wifi analyzer:  How to optimize wireless performance of EAP products

Recommended Solution
Options
Re: 5G tx-frame/rx-frame rate was displayed very high.
2024-08-20 00:45:58 - last edited 2024-08-20 00:48:26

@Vincent-TP 

I think it was resolved thanks to you. I set the tx power to low as you suggested and it is stable now.

One strange thing is that after using it well for several months, one day this problem appeared.

To guess the cause, I migrated the controller. Of course, there were no changes to the settings because the settings were exported and imported.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Options
2024-08-20 01:46:14
My great pleasure. :)
Options
3 weeks ago

@Vincent-TP 

The wifi quality is bad again. I think I was mistaken that it was good because the client was disconnected all over while adjusting the tx value etc. I am still frustrated and want to solve this situation.

Please help me.

Options
3 weeks ago

@itkairos 

I am operating with the equipment configuration below in conjunction with the Omada controller, but recently, there is a problem with poor wifi quality.

ER707M2, SG3452(main), SG3428, EAP653 3EA, TP-LINK UnManaged 5Port PoE

I tried adjusting the channel and Tx values, multicast traffic, and checking the peculiarities of the connected clients for several days, but the problem was not solved.

I checked the switch CPU usage today and thought it was unusual, so I suspect that the wifi quality is poor because of the switch.

Please help me improve the wifi quality.
Please also refer to my previous posts.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 183

Replies: 5

Related Articles