Create seperate SSID for use with different appartments

3 недель назад - last edited 3 недель назад

Dear All,

I need your help.

My dad bought 8 appartments in the inlands of Spain to rent out as a vacation home. Now i want to install chromecast (1080P) in all the appartments since we don't have any TV. So when they have a TV app or Netlfix on their phone, people can stream this themselves.

My thought was to create 8 seperate SSID's for each appartment to connect the chromecast to the SSID for each appartment, and put 3 or 4 TP-Link EAP110-Outdoor with PoE adapter around the main appartment to get good coverage to the rest of the appartments. I thought this was a good idea for a amateur but i figured out the current Huawei router only supports 4 SSID's and no option for guest networking. 

Is there a TP-link model that supports the idea that i have? Or do you think there is a other option which is way better? 

Kind regards,

Derek van Veldhoven

Options
2 Reply
Re:Create seperate SSID for use with different appartments

@doemaariets 

There are business grade routers like ER605 which you could use for building this type of network.

If you want to isolate different SSIDs in a VLANs you may refer to this document how you can do that.

For that purpose you'll need an Omada controller and eventually an Omada switch.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Create seperate SSID for use with different appartments

@doemaariets 

How are those apartments located? Do you consider assigning one AP to each apartment? Each band on our APs can support up to eight SSIDs.To choose APs, click on this link:business-networking/omada/wifi

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 164

Replies: 2

Related Articles