Votes

Access from WAN to external site through VPN

Votes

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

I have VPN between two sites (each with an ER605 router managed by an OM200) connected using IP-sec. Site B does not have any pubically accessible IP address (the ISP NAT's everything so there is no way that I have found to get inbound traffic)  So the VPN is created with Site B in initiator mode and site A in responder mode.  I have a server at site B that I would like to be able to access from the outside world.  Since the site it is not accessible from the public internet, I was hoping I could create a port forwarding rule at site A to forward to the server at site B.  But the router doesn't seem to want to forward through the VPN The rule works: if I set it to a server in Site A, the external requests come through, but if I change the destination IP port to an IP in the Site B network, the request is not sent.  Is there something I am missing: a static rout or something to tell it to allow an external message to be forwarded through the VPN?  Or something in the Site B router to tell it to expect this?  Or this just not possible?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Access from WAN to external site through VPN
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

Hi @PeteT 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

There is no such feature for this setup.

This cannot be done on the system.

Will move this to the feature request page.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Re:Access from WAN to external site through VPN
2 weeks ago

@Clive_A Thanks for the confirmation of what I already suspected was the case.  Resolved the issue by installing a reverse proxy. inside the network in "Site A" -- the one accessible from the internet.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 114

Replies: 2

Voters 1