EAP615-wall wont come online after firmware update failed

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: EAP615-Wall  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.4

Hi.

I recently ran a firmware upgrade on all 3 of my EAP615-Wall APs. One of them failed the update and wont come online anymore.

The LEDs were on but the device was offline on the controller. I decided to do a device reset but the controller still does not detect a new AP even after i deleted the old instance. I have tested connecting it directly to the switch to rule out a cable fault but no luck. It seems like the device is bricked.

Any suggestions for things I can try please? 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAP615-wall wont come online after firmware update failed-Solution

Hi  @SAR-1 

Can you see the default SSID of the EAP? You may try the following to fix the EAP unit:

Recovery mode is a useful feature when dealing with firmware corruption, boot failures, or other software-related issues on devices like EAP. By accessing recovery mode, users can attempt to restore the device's firmware to a stable and functional state, resolving any problems encountered.
Here's the guidance:
    1. Ensure you have downloaded the latest firmware for EAP from TP-Link's official website. 
    2. Connect your computer to the EAP and configure a static IP address and subnet mask, such as 192.168.0.100/255.255.255.0. 
    3. Press and keep holding the reset button of EAP, then connect the EAP to the POE port of the PoE adapter, the LED light will flash, then wait until the LED stable, now you can release the RESET button. 
    4. Open a web browser and enter 192.168.0.254 in the browser's address bar to access the recovery mode interface and proceed with uploading the firmware.
    5. Note that please make sure you are reaching EAP through HTTP, otherwise you'll get refused to connect through HTTPS.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:EAP615-wall wont come online after firmware update failed-Solution

Hi  @SAR-1 

Can you see the default SSID of the EAP? You may try the following to fix the EAP unit:

Recovery mode is a useful feature when dealing with firmware corruption, boot failures, or other software-related issues on devices like EAP. By accessing recovery mode, users can attempt to restore the device's firmware to a stable and functional state, resolving any problems encountered.
Here's the guidance:
    1. Ensure you have downloaded the latest firmware for EAP from TP-Link's official website. 
    2. Connect your computer to the EAP and configure a static IP address and subnet mask, such as 192.168.0.100/255.255.255.0. 
    3. Press and keep holding the reset button of EAP, then connect the EAP to the POE port of the PoE adapter, the LED light will flash, then wait until the LED stable, now you can release the RESET button. 
    4. Open a web browser and enter 192.168.0.254 in the browser's address bar to access the recovery mode interface and proceed with uploading the firmware.
    5. Note that please make sure you are reaching EAP through HTTP, otherwise you'll get refused to connect through HTTPS.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:EAP615-wall wont come online after firmware update failed
a week ago
Thanks so much. I will try this later today and provide an update.
Options
Re:EAP615-wall wont come online after firmware update failed
a week ago

@Vincent-TP 

Thanks so much. This has resolved the issue. Perfect instructions. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 83

Replies: 3

Related Articles