Test SMTP Server - Failed to send the email to the specified recipient.

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 5.1.6

My SW based controller (on premises) encountered below error after clicking the Send button & i don't think the Mail Server configuration parameters are the root cause:

Error:

Mail Server configuration parameters

Managed Device and Controller also in latest version :

i followed the exact same configurations parameters & here are the results in 3 different scenarios:

Scenarios:

1: in another on-premises SW based controller (hosted in my house PC, the managed device is Gateway ER706W) = got same error. (the house PC is offline at the time of writing, so i cannot show the printscreen error here)

2. In cloud based controller (no managed device added yet)  = no error at all ! 

3. in another on-premises HW based controller i.e ER7212PC (managed device is Gateway  ER7212PC  & Switch TL-SG2008) = no error at all too!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Test SMTP Server - Failed to send the email to the specified recipient.
a week ago

Hi  @teowk1 

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!
To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID240922117, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!
Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.
Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 61

Replies: 1

Related Articles