Network setup - questions :(

a week ago

Hello,

I have problems with my network setup and I am sorry if this is not the correct forum or category.

I thought I have an easy setup ;) it is a small business which I have without many network devices.

I use the router of my network provider and here I have the network 192.168.1.0/24

On the LAN port of the router I connected the tplink switch. On the tplink switch I connected my wifi access points and an dedicated omada controller.

My omada network is 192.168.0.0/24

So far everything works, my wireless networks are ok.

Now I wanted to connect an raspberry pi with a web application on it. I connected it via lan to the tplink switch.

Internally the web application can be loaded.

So I created port forwarding (external port 60443 to internal port 443 of this internal ip of the raspberry) but I can't get it to work. There is no error, the port forwarding rules can be saved, but the traffic don't reach it. Is there something I have to activate on omada to allow port forwarding? I have no special settings and generally port forwarding works with my provider, since omada works also from outside.

Ok, so I connected the raspberry directly to the lan port of my router, means before the omada.

I have the internal address 192.168.1.14

I created the same port forwarding rules directly on the router and I can connect from outside - ok.

Now I want to connect from this raspberry (192.168.1.14) to a device inside omada (specifically 192.168.0.29). When I try to ping it, it doesn't work.

Do I need to open something on omada or what do I need to do to connect it?

Thanks so much

Milena

Options
1 Reply
Re:Network setup - questions :(
a week ago

Hi  @Milena-99 

Do you have an Omada router? 

You mentioned the ISP router is 192.168.1.0/24, while the Omada is under 192.168.0.0/24, what device is the DHCP server of the network 192.168.0.0/24?

You should do port forwarding on that device.

For better understanding, please let us know the topology of your network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 57

Replies: 1

Related Articles