VLANs don't work correctly

a week ago - last edited 13 hours ago
Model: TL-SG108E  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20230218 Rel.50633

I have two TL-SG108Es one in the living room the other in the garage. Three vlans are trunked between them not including the native. I use a pfSense as my router, each vlan has its own physical interface. The issue I'm running into is when I add the PVID to the corresponding intreface/vlan combo the assigned IP doesn't work. When I don't do that the devices with DHCP still enabled pull an IP from any vlan on the switch. I can assign the correct static while leaving the correct vlan assigned to the port as untagged but it breaks with the PVID setting. Any suggestions? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:VLANs don't work correctly
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Hi @NerdStuff 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Looked like trunk issue, not properly configured VLAN.

Try the pinned post about the VLAN config. This guide can be found on the Switches page where you post your questions.

If you need more knowledge about the 802.1Q VLAN, you can check out the KB label and you can find out some guides about the VLAN too.

If you expect a specific answer to your question, please describe your network with a diagram with IP and VLAN/PVID specified. And your switch config.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
a week ago

@Clive_A 

My network below.

Options
Saturday

Hi @NerdStuff 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

NerdStuff wrote

@Clive_A 

My network below.

Not enough to judge the issue. You have two switches, did you configure the VLAN(trunk) on both of them?

Did you use VLAN interfaces on the pfsense? Config verified working?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options