Can not get username/password back to default

Friday
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I got a refurbished router, but I don't know the default username and password.  It's NOT admin/admin, because I suspect that someone reset it.  Hard reset doesn't do anything, so it's basically a brick.

I can't even upgrade the firmware (it could just be that I don't know how to do that without being able to connect via ethernet), and I can't find the TPFTP recovery software (and I don't think I can get it to the box anyway).

Can anyone help me?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can not get username/password back to default
Saturday

Hi @Sams1952 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Please return the product in time.

First, all the models from retail sources are all using the default username and password which are both "admin".

Second, if you have performed a reset to the device but it still cannot be accessed. It could be a case where the device is customized for a company and it was sold cheaply as some sort of scam from the retailer you purchased from.

Such a product should not be available on the market and we cannot provide support to it.

As a last of resort, you might wanna try a firmware recovery to see if it can be recovered. If it cannot be recovered, there is no way to fix it. Please return it in time and purchase it from authorized sources. How to Upgrade/Downgrade Omada Routers

Go to your local TP-Link website and check out the Where to Buy.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 134

Replies: 1

Related Articles