Ip not secure

Ip not secure

Ip not secure
Ip not secure
Sunday

I want to log in to my controller and chrome is telling me that is not secure. 

What I can do?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Ip not secure
Monday

Hi  @AngelaGarza 

The HTTPS web interface of your TP-Link device is sometimes flagged as insecure by some web browsers, the reason is that TP-Link's certificate is self-signed (e.g., tplinkeap.net). Most browsers do not accept this type of certificate because tplinkeap.net is not an authoritative CA. However, even if TP-Link's self-signed certificate is not trusted, the connection between a web browser and the tplinkeap.net server is still secure.

The purpose of a certificate is solely to allow a client to verify an unknown server. It has nothing to do with the encrypted connection. The data transmitted between the browser (client) and tplinkeap.net (server) remains safe and encrypted. No one else could decrypt this data except the client and the server because tplinkeap.net uses TLS v1.2 as a secure connection builder, and TLS v1.2 is a widely recognized secure connection protocol. So there is no need to be overly concerned about the insecure warning.

Why TP-Link HTTPS web interface is detected as unsecure by some web browsers?

Options
Monday

@Vincent-TP the problem is that cheome is not letting me log in into my omada controller using my lan network. In order to log in I need to use the cloud base and if something happen i cant use my backup settings thru the cloud.  Is there a way to make chrome to let me log in on my local lan?

Options
Monday

@AngelaGarza Hit the advanced button at the bottom of the warning and choose the option to continue.

If there is no option to continue, then you can type "thisisunsafe" without the quotes, and it will continue on.  ONLY do that if you are sure it is your server you are accessing though.

If you don't have the option to continue though, something else is wrong (possibly an outdated Chrome install, or Omada install, or system clock - could be a number of things), but the above will get you past it so you can figure out what is up.

IF the option to continue is there, then the previous poster is correct, it is just because it is a self signed cert, which is common for this type of software.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 62

Replies: 3

Related Articles