Wi-Fi network not secure in Windows

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-31 11:40:36 - last edited 2023-08-01 01:38:07
Model: EAP110  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

I have been receiving this message from my windows laptop - You might see a notification that tells you that you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network that’s not secure because it uses an older security standard. For example, this can occur if you connect to a Wi-Fi network that uses WEP or TKIP for security. These security standards are older and have known flaws.You might see a notification that tells you that you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network that’s not secure because it uses an older security standard. For example, this can occur if you connect to a Wi-Fi network that uses WEP or TKIP for security. These security standards are older and have known flaws.

It also suggests that: "consider changing the type of security that your router or access point uses. You can do this by signing in to your router using the software for it, and then changing the security type for your home Wi-Fi network@

Please how do I resolve this?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Wi-Fi network not secure in Windows-Solution
2023-07-31 21:39:38 - last edited 2023-08-01 01:38:07

@Ofrankie 

Update to latest firmware, then go here and change the security to be WPA-PSK with AES only (no TKIP). 

If that's not an option in the latest firmware, then put up with it, or buy a newer AP.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Wi-Fi network not secure in Windows-Solution
2023-07-31 21:39:38 - last edited 2023-08-01 01:38:07

@Ofrankie 

Update to latest firmware, then go here and change the security to be WPA-PSK with AES only (no TKIP). 

If that's not an option in the latest firmware, then put up with it, or buy a newer AP.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 479

Replies: 1

Related Articles