Device Hijacked by Omada Controller - how to take back control?

3 hours ago - last edited 3 hours ago
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So we had an IT manager we let go for various reasons. One of the reasons was lack of documentation and lack of consultation with management as to IT operations.

Since we let him go, we had an issue that took all our computers offline. I've traced it back to a ER7206 Load Balancer that has had its configuration status change. It's not where it's supposed to be, and it's login & passwords don't work, and it's being controlled by an Omada Controller we as management never knew existed.  We did know the IT manager put the security cameras in his personal account, which we told him to rectify, which he didn't, so I did set up my own TP Link account and reset every device and connected them to my account..

I am now trying to use that same TP Link account I use for my security cameras as a cloud based controller. I tried to add the ER7206 to the controller, but the error is saying it's already added to another controller.

I physically have the device within our office, however I don't want to reset it if I don't have to, I just want it under my control first so I can reconfigure the settings.

Is there any way I can forcefully take back control, as I don't have the user/login of this staff members personal account, nor will he help us by forgetting the device.

Options