TLWA7210N Repeater Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TLWA7210N Repeater Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TLWA7210N Repeater Mode
TLWA7210N Repeater Mode
2015-06-13 00:51:01
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA7210N

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : Many

I am trying to set up a 7210N in repeater mode so that I can access the FON network in Europe using my BT Internet log in. I can survey the local networks and select a strong FON signal, but it does not seem to be repeating. I would expect the signal to repeat and then log in on the end user station etc.
I also can't find a log in during the set up process in case the BT internet details are rquired in that process.
So a little stumped?
Options
1 Reply
Re:TLWA7210N Repeater Mode
2015-06-17 17:15:41
You can check the status page. If the wireless signal is stable, it means the TL-WA7210N is connected to the FON signal as well as repeating it.

In addition, outdoor APs such as TL-WA7210N come with directional antenna, which means they focus the signal into one direction. Although it can repeat the FON signal, the repeated signal is concentrated towards the front side, leaving only a small part of signal in a limited area around the AP.

---------------------
BTW, does the FON signal ask users to log in a website before they can surf Internet? If yes you may still fail to repeat is because most of this kind of Wi-Fi from WISP is not extendable.
Options