TP-Link TL-WA7210N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link TL-WA7210N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TP-Link TL-WA7210N
TP-Link TL-WA7210N
2015-07-14 03:11:24
Region : UnitedStates

Model : TL-WA7210N

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 3.18 Build 13118 Rel 58328N

ISP : Cox Communications

I tried calling the TP-Link hotline and finally got in, only to reach someone I could not communicate with. Am new to TP-Link units and setup the unit outside under a walkway that connects three buildings and the entire complex is under a metal roof. The unit is connected to an indoor router/modem with a 100 ft ethernet cable. It is mounted approximately 10 feet high and aimed at a back building. I can receive 150 mbps while outside the back building, but when I go inside the signal drops to 30 mbps and very slow or none at all internet access. The back building has glass from about four feet above the floor to the ceiling and I can see the unit from inside (it is aimed directly at the building). I had it configured as an access point. Am I ever going to get a usable wireless signal inside the building or should I configure the unit as something other than an access point. Thanks in advance for your help.
Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-Link TL-WA7210N
2015-07-14 15:53:16
Place another 7210 set on Client mode to make a link between them and add a router for wifi
Client mode does not provide wifi only Internet via ethernet cable
Options
Re:TP-Link TL-WA7210N
2015-07-14 22:39:28
I had the unit configured as an Access Point, was not using Client mode. Do not want to buy another unit. Company agreed to install a fiber optic run to the back building. Sending unit back. Thanks for all your help.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 531

Replies: 2

Related Articles