TL-ER6120 giving strict NAT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-10-16 07:39:46 - last edited 2021-08-21 05:20:28
Model : TL-ER6120

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 1.0.7 Build 20140113 Rel.63736

ISP : Virgin Media

Hello - I've purchased a TL-ER6120 in order to improve my home business network. My plan is to split the network to deliver relaxed port access to half of the ports on my TL-SG2424 switch and secure firewalled access on the other half. This is to cater for a small game development operation with PCs connected through firewall & consoles using opened port access.

I've gone insane trying to configure the router to allow a games console to simply 'host' a connection. They report 'strict' NAT. The obvious thing is to check UPnP is enabled which usually does the trick but I've gone as far as stripping everything back to a single console connected directly to the LAN port on the router and literally opening all ports in the Virtual Server setting. I've tried enabling DMZ and running the console over that and again, it always reports strict NAT.

Firstly, I would have expected a DMZ connection to be completely open is that respect? However, I don't want to run over DMZ, I'd rather control the ports required for the services but I've opened all ports & enabled UPnP.

I'm the first to admit that my networking is my weak point so hopefully this can be easily fixed and any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 741

Replies: 0

Related Articles