[Solved] TL-SG3424P - VLAN Issues with Draytek 2860 Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-08-16 23:48:01
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,

I am having a bit of difficulty with setting up a tagged based VLAN with this particular switch. This is the first time I have used a TP Link switch for VLANS and turning out to be more painful than it looks!

The Setup (Router)

The Setup (Switch)

The current setup is P3 on the router plugs into P1 on the switch. P20 on the switch is the 'test' pc for the time being which is getting 'Unidentified Networking'. It should be a relatively easy setup, but the two devices just don't seem to communicate well at all. I've spoken to both TP Link tech support who say it's the router, and Draytek support who say it's the switch. Has anyone got any idea what may be causing such a simple setup to fail?
Options
3 Reply
Re:[Solved] TL-SG3424P - VLAN Issues with Draytek 2860 Router
2016-08-17 17:00:56
**Edited original post**
Options
2016-09-03 10:49:40
I think the problem is caused by your wrong configuration. According to your set, the port 1 of the switch is General + Untagged, in my opinion, it should be General+tagged or Trunk one. And since I am not familar with Draytek router as well, I know it should suppport 802.1q vlan as well,but from the page, I am not sure the port property. Is is a Trunk port or General +tagged as well and what's the PVID of the port? If your problem still exists, it is advised to contact the TP-LINK supporter as well and tell you have already contact the Draytek supporter already. Hope it can help you.
Options
2016-09-05 15:57:08
Thank you, that is spot on but I had figured this out after quite a few hours of testing... Sadly, I spoke to TP Link support initially and they couldn't see the issue which is a little worrying.

Not to worry though, the problem is now solved and working.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1870

Replies: 3

Related Articles