ByteguyLV3Online
Following: 0Followers: 0
Forums/ WiFi
By Byteguy 2020-03-10 21:02:44

Number of clients and volume of traffic in a mesh network

We have our mesh network in the marina almost set up. There is one root-AP and 3 wireless APs. The client has no real grasp of the number of connections they will need. I have read that the mesh will
Forums/ WiFi
By Byteguy 2020-02-26 17:16:59

IP and mask changing with no apparent reason

Checking Omada Cloud, I notice that in the last 2 days the APs have mysteriously changed their IP. DHCP is enabled and they have been fairly stable. They are getting their IP from the CPE. Then all of
Forums/ WiFi
By Byteguy 2020-02-23 20:24:37

Solar power for wireless mesh

When installing the access points at a location, there needs to be a power receptacle nearby to provide power to the AP.. I have an application where power is not easily accessible at each point where
Forums/ WiFi
By Byteguy 2020-02-19 02:14:25

Adopting an isolated AP

We have a mesh network established with 2 connected APs. I just added a third and it shows up as isolated. Just how do I get it adopted? I would expect it needs to be moved to pending to be adopted bu
Forums/ WiFi
By Byteguy 2020-02-07 17:40:49

Omada not showing network after wireless failure

Had a call from a client yesterday. Seems the wireless network was down. No apparent reason that I could tell remotely. Accessed Omada cloud and it showed the EAPs as disconnected but obviously the Om
Forums/ Pharos Wireless Bridges
By Byteguy 2020-01-06 22:17:44

A question of durability

Just wondering--when the CPE is mounted and functioning, the only thing that is protecting the physical network connection is a plastic piece that slides up from the bottom. It doesn't seem all that t