ByteguyLV3Online
Following: 0Followers: 0
Forums/ WiFi
By Byteguy 2020-12-05 18:57:29

AP signal strength optimization

Surveying the signal strength throughout the mesh, it appears to uniformly be about -70. I would think that it should be stronger. The other day I wandered around and found that at least 4 APs had tha
Forums/ WiFi
By Byteguy 2020-07-28 14:56:07

Using an EAP 225-outdoor as an antenna for a user outside of the mesh

We have an established mesh network. A user wishes to use his own EAP to get better reception on his boat. I'd like to set up the EAP to act as his antenna without adopting it into the mesh. I'm think
Forums/ WiFi
By Byteguy 2020-07-01 23:22:55

Ubiquity compatibility

We have a TP-Link Omada mesh set up with CPE 510 and EAP-225 Outdoor units in a marina. A new marina tenant said that in the last place he stayed everyone bought Ubiquity APs and they just increased t
Forums/ WiFi
By Byteguy 2020-06-07 00:59:55

AP disconnecting for no apparent reason

The network has been working quite well thanks to several of you out there. For that I am extremely grateful. Mesh network consists of two CPEs and 6 APs. For some reason, the root has been disconnect
Forums/ WiFi
By Byteguy 2020-05-21 17:59:03

Keeping track of clients and their use

Had my client call the other day and tell me everyone was having slow responses and several people said that they could not maintain their connection to an AP. Advised client to call Comcast and have
Forums/ WiFi
By Byteguy 2020-03-22 17:46:16

Mesh configuration-/downlinking APs

In our network, we presently have 5 APs. The physical location enables us to link 4 APs to the root AP. When I look at the Mesh config. page for an AP, it shows the Downlink of each to be 4, but also