VLAN question regarding WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-01 03:26:23
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,I want to use my own router instead of the one I got from my ISP. It's using fibre so I will have to use vlan tagging.Found the following tutorial for this; http://www.tp-link.com/lk/faq-1537.htmlJust by using the function IPTV I can accomplish this, however in the above example you tag the LAN ports, do I also need to tag my wireless network? Or does this happen automatically, by choosing the LAN ports service 'internet'?The router I am planning to use is the Archer C3200.
Options
2 Reply
Re:VLAN question regarding WiFi
2017-09-01 10:10:29
Doesn't your ISP give you any VLAN ID to set up on the router? If they do, you can enter it on the router. Otherwise, just enable IPTV and keep the other as it is.
Options
Re:VLAN question regarding WiFi
2017-09-01 15:25:07
Yeah they do, it's VLAN ID 300 for internet.
I just mean, all this configuration is for the LAN ports. Do I need to do something special for wifi? Like in the Netgear routers when specifying VLAN's I can check LAN1-4 and 2.4Ghz / 5Ghz.

I don't know if this can be done with the TP LINK router. Because if it can't I won't be able to have internet through wifi right?

Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 457

Replies: 2

Related Articles