Deco M5 and IPTV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 and IPTV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M5 and IPTV
Deco M5 and IPTV
2017-09-04 14:16:20
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

is there a way to configure/optimize IPTV with the Deco M5? I have problems with my decoder (a lot of lags/freezes and blackscreens), although connection and speeds are excellent with speedtest.

Thanks in advance.
Options
18 Reply
Re:Deco M5 and IPTV
2017-09-05 15:16:32
Same Question / requirement here, Have my Deco M5 in trial period and and currently IPTV is not stable enough.
Options
2017-09-05 16:06:02
I don't see any settings about the IPTV within the Deco APP. Could that be a speed issue? If the total speed in the app is good and if the IPTV has a stable connection with deco system(good Ethernet cable or strong wifi signal)?
Options
2017-09-07 19:45:26
In fact, it is "almost working", but one issue remains, let' try to describe it. After a random amount of time (10, 30 minutes or one hour), the program I'm watching will freeze completely, and I have to switch to another channel ans switch back to the original one to get my signal back.
I've tried both default mode (router) and access point, and I have the same behaviour. Another remark, when on router mode, if I touch anything in QoS settings, or if I set high priority on my TV decoder, it will degrade things a lot.
FYI, my ISP is Orange (France) and I have a gigabit FTTH connection. The DL speed measured on the deco box on which the decoder is connected (by rj45 cat 6 or 7) is about 200/250 Mbits/s, and the HD streams at this ISP require around 10 Mbits/s. Finally, I have purchased a little "wifi extender" for 50 euros on the website of my ISP and I haven't got any issue at all with it, if it can give any clues.
Options
2017-09-09 10:09:12
Another issue : everytime a wifi device disconnects and/or reconnects the network, my TV screen shows pixels/interferences for a few seconds. Annoying.
Options
2017-09-13 09:09:25

papa33 wrote

In fact, it is "almost working", but one issue remains, let' try to describe it. After a random amount of time (10, 30 minutes or one hour), the program I'm watching will freeze completely, and I have to switch to another channel ans switch back to the original one to get my signal back.
I've tried both default mode (router) and access point, and I have the same behaviour. Another remark, when on router mode, if I touch anything in QoS settings, or if I set high priority on my TV decoder, it will degrade things a lot.
FYI, my ISP is Orange (France) and I have a gigabit FTTH connection. The DL speed measured on the deco box on which the decoder is connected (by rj45 cat 6 or 7) is about 200/250 Mbits/s, and the HD streams at this ISP require around 10 Mbits/s. Finally, I have purchased a little "wifi extender" for 50 euros on the website of my ISP and I haven't got any issue at all with it, if it can give any clues.

The program you were watching was live telecast or some recorded video? Try bypassing the deco and connect directly to the modem/router and test if IPTV works properly or not.
Options
2017-09-13 09:12:47

gert wrote

Same Question / requirement here, Have my Deco M5 in trial period and and currently IPTV is not stable enough.

How about your case, is there any updates? Can you share more detail info with us, like your ISP, what kind of videos your were streaming, etc.. Maybe we can have some discoveries together...
Options
2017-09-13 13:13:54

uutommi wrote

The program you were watching was live telecast or some recorded video? Try bypassing the deco and connect directly to the modem/router and test if IPTV works properly or not.

IPTV is working flawlessly with direct connection. And as I wrote above, I have another wifi system that I bought directly at my ISP, which is also working perfectly. So this is like a problem regarding VLAN support/IGMP snooping, but I can't tell more.
Options
2017-10-02 21:18:37

uutommi wrote

How about your case, is there any updates? Can you share more detail info with us, like your ISP, what kind of videos your were streaming, etc.. Maybe we can have some discoveries together...

Well, I am streaming IPtuner (IPTV) from one Panasonic TV to another Panasonic TV over the DECO Wifi as I wanted to reduce the need for cables on the wall. IPTV signal over WIFI seems very sensitive and I am getting freezes and blackscreens. However Netflix is running perfectly over WIFI. In the meantime I switched to wire instead of wireless. Any clues to get it more stable still appreciated.
Options
2017-10-05 15:09:03
Any firmware update?
Options
2017-10-23 20:27:59
thank you
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3537