WiFi Connectivity Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WiFi Connectivity Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WiFi Connectivity Issues
WiFi Connectivity Issues
2017-09-20 07:54:44
Model : Archer C1200

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : Cogeco

Hello,

When using my phone with my router, I very frequently maintain a connection to the router but lose my connection to the internet - even simple Google searches will not go through. So, to resolve this, I need to turn off the WiFi connection on my phone. Wait 5 seconds (presumably for it to entirely disconnect) and turn WiFi back on, at which point my connection to the internet is restored. I do not really suffer from this problem on my computer, but just about every phone I've had has struggled with the WiFi like this. My biggest issue is that I have no clue what is going on and why my troubleshooting works. If I at least know why I am losing internet connection I may be able to write some code for my phone or something, or perhaps there is a solution in the advanced networking page of my router. If anyone can help me out, that would be amazing! Thank you so much!
If it helps, all of my phones have been androids, with my current device being an LG G4.
Options
1 Reply
Re:WiFi Connectivity Issues
2017-09-21 13:53:18
If the computer works ok with wifi, the router should be good. Are they connected to 2.4G or 5G? Do you have this issue on both band?
You can try change the channel for your wifi. Go to Advanced > Wireless > Wireless settigns, and try different channels there. Change channelwidth to 20MHz may help as well.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 251

Replies: 1

Related Articles