Bridge Mode: Mobile Hotspot to tplink N300 bridge

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-20 18:46:02
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I am having issues creating a bridge between my mobile hotspot and my TP-LINK N300 router (the bridge).

Mobile Hotstop: Mobile Moto G
Bridge Device: TP-LINK N300
Mobile Device: Oneplus3 - Used for connecting to the bridge to check if we have internet.

What's the issue:

I follow all the steps to connect the bridge to the hotstop but I am getting the following message 'Connected, no internet'

Prior to that I was getting a message stuck on 'Obtaining IP address', so I set an IP static ip on my Oneplus three device.

Question: How can troubleshoot this? I've been stuck on this for hours.

Thanks.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Bridge Mode: Mobile Hotspot to tplink N300 bridge
2017-09-25 18:01:15
What is the model number? The model number starts with TL or Archer.
So you mean there is wifi signal from the Oneplus3 device, and the tplink router connects to the wifi, am I correct?
Make sure the Oneplus 3 device is working first, normally "obtaining IP address" will be better.
Options
Re:Bridge Mode: Mobile Hotspot to tplink N300 bridge
2017-09-26 00:23:14
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Model: TL-WR841N

I did some debugging to determine what was going on.

Test 1: Mobile hotspot to Laptop - An IP address of 192.164.43.X was returned to the laptop - PASS - Connected to Internet

Test 2: Mobile hotspot to bridge to laptop (and I tried the OnePlus3) - An Invalid IP address of 169.254.x.x was returned - FAIL - Connected no Internet

Question: What should I set the LAN IP address to on the bridge router to get back an IP address like 192.164.43.X?

Note: 192.164.43.X is the android hotspot range.

Thanks guys hope you can help.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2044

Replies: 2

Related Articles