WA850RE V4 causes drops of modem connection to DSL line.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-21 18:36:36
Model : TL-WA850RE

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : TL-WA850RE(EU)_V4_170109

ISP : Infostrada

Hi,

I purchased a TL-WA850RE V4 and updated it to latest revision. I can setup it properly as an extender for Wifi network of a Technicolor tg582n. But after some time (15mins, 2h, ...) internet is no more available. Navigation is broken with wifi from extender, with wifi from modem and even with LAN from modem. But the modem status page reports that it is still connected to DSL. If in modem status page I click Disconnect, then Connect, internet is up again and navigation is restored for all devices.
If I do not connect the extender, internet connection is stable and never dropped.

Any hints?
Options
2 Reply
Re:WA850RE V4 causes drops of modem connection to DSL line.
2017-09-22 09:10:12
Did you check the log on your modem? When it drops connection, is there still IP address on the modem? Can you ping 8.8.8.8 or the default gateway? Can check with the support of modem and see why it disconnects.
How long have you tested after you unplug the range extender?
Options
Re:WA850RE V4 causes drops of modem connection to DSL line.
2017-09-22 09:17:03
Did you check the modem with the support of modem? Can check the log and see what happened on the modem.
BTW, how long did you test after you unplug the range extender?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 548

Replies: 2

Related Articles