Issues after latest Archer C9 V3 firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-28 20:18:40
Model : Archer c9

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : V3 170111

ISP :

Hello everyone.

I have a TP-Link Archer C9 V3 unit that is a Japanese model. Everything has been extremely stable until I upgraded to Archer C9(JP)_V3_170111firmware.

Major issue: I've had random times where my devices can't connect to the wifi network and instead say "password incorrect" This has happened to me on my iPad, iPhone, and PC. After rebooting the router this fixes it, but have never experienced this issue until after the firmware change.

Minor issue: Every time I log into the router in my browser, the quick setup page appears and I have to skip it to get to the advanced page. My settings are already set up, but it pops up every single time. I've tried resetting to factory settings, redoing all info, but still no solution.

I am unable to downgrade to a previous firmware because the UI says it is not a recognized firmware. :(

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Options
5 Reply
Re:Issues after latest Archer C9 V3 firmware upgrade
2017-09-29 16:03:54
What is the previous firmware?
It seems the 170111 is the special firmware for JP, if your previous firmware is universal, then it cannot be downgraded.
BTW, when it drops connection, how about the wired connection? Do you have same issue?
If yes, can check if the modem drops connection as well(connect PC to the modem and check if the connection stable).
Can you log into the interface of the router from a wired PC when it drops connection? Did you try reset the router to factory default?
Options
2017-09-30 01:06:38
uutommi, thank you for your reply.

Yes, I've tried resetting the router to factory default. My Archer C9 has been acting very strange since the latest firmware.

My previous firmware was Archer C9(JP)_V3_161109 but the administrative page won't let me revert to this one for some reason. (Even if I try uploading the older firmware)

I reset my router again today and the "quick setup" page appears every time I go to the configuration address.
Options
2017-10-05 16:48:02
You may check whether the note for firmware 170111 saying something like this firmware cannot downgrade etc... I cannot read Japanese, so...
Any way, regarding the major issue, you may try to change the wifi channel
Options
2017-10-06 13:14:45
I was unable to downgrade, it just says this is not correct firmware, which is incorrect.

So far I've solved my weird internet problems by disabling ipv6. However, the quick setup still keeps popping up every time I go to the router config page.
Options
2017-10-18 20:37:50
There are Youtube videos that show how to reload a "bricked" C9. I believe they are by a Richard Lloyd (could be mistaken). At any rate, you should be able to revert your firmware using that method.

Edit: https://hooktube.com/watch?v=AU8RyW82Z2M
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1012

Replies: 5

Related Articles