tp-wn822n wifi usb adapter does not power up after sleep mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-29 23:01:57
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a tp-wn822n on a Windows 10 computer for about a month and every now and then the device will not power up after exiting sleep mode. No green LED flashing. When I go check in the device manager, I don't see it and when a look at the USB hub device it says unkown device 500 mA. I tried to replug the device but nothing happens, I must wait few minutes before replugging or restart computer to get the device working again. I also notice that when it happens all the USB port on the same hub will not detect other devices insertion. I also tried the adapter on my Dell laptop running Windows 7 and I can reproduce the problems by unplugging and replugging the adapter a few time. For those using this device, do you have this kind of issue? Cause I wonder if this is a hardware failure or a driver issue. Thanks.
Options
2 Reply
Re:tp-wn822n wifi usb adapter does not power up after sleep mode
2017-10-03 18:49:29
I had similar problem before, I have to restart the computer to fix it, actually it can be system error or the adapter driver issue, you can try to update the driver of the wireless adapter, If that doesn’t work, you can follow below steps to have a try.

1) Navigate to Device Manager in Control Panel.
2) Locate the wireless adapter in the list.
3) Highlight the device in the listing.
4) Right click -Select Properties--Power Management.
5) Uncheck Allow computer to turn off this device....."
6) Click Ok to close the window.
7) Reboot the computer

Actually the second solution fixed my problem, I found that solution here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-networking/why-wont-my-wifi-connect-after-sleep-mode/35edf600-1cf5-44ab-aea1-a4892e92b60f
Options
Re:tp-wn822n wifi usb adapter does not power up after sleep mode
2017-10-04 05:10:45
I figured out my problem. I had the option "Allow computer to turn off this device" unchecked from a previous attempt to solve the problem. Then I installed the official TP-Link driver and this option stayed that way. Since I turned this option back on I got no problem at all. I also notice that this adapter don't like to be unplugged without being ejected (unmount). Everytime I do so, it takes 3 minutes to come back on when I plug it back.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 6775

Replies: 2