VLAN ID assignment on C5400

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-30 13:44:07
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

today I tried to set up my C5400. It turned out that there was only an internet connection to be established when I enabled IPTV due to that my ISP sends on different VLAN ID from the modem. Whenever it was turned off the C5400 wasn't able to communicate with the modem and didn't established an internet connection over PPPoE. Here the modem should scan by itself on what VLAN channel to set up the internet connection or give the possibility to select the desired one. Now another problem to me is that there is no chance to assign the IPTV VLAN ID to a specific WLAN. There's only the option to assign it to specific LAN ports. Will there be the option to do so with comming firmware? It really would be reat deal.
Options
2 Reply
Re:VLAN ID assignment on C5400
2017-10-05 16:25:06
Your IPTV can also connect via WiFi? who is your ISP?
Options
Re:VLAN ID assignment on C5400
2017-10-06 10:53:41
Yes the STB can connect by WiFi but it need the VLAN ID on that WiFi signal to connect to the service.

Another way might be to install an external WiFi receiver and then connect the receiver to the STB by LAN but therefor the VLAN ID must be transmitted over this WiFi what includes that also the receiver needs to be able to handle the VLAN ID. And I also don't see any TP-Link product who can support this idea.

My ISP is TM (Telecom Malaysia).

I'm a bit surprised that currently TP-Link does not provide the option I request as they use different VLAN on WiFi already to make the Guest accounts available. So the basic ability is there they only have to linkt it to the IPTV section.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 733

Replies: 2