"Obtaining IP" issue with WDS bridger router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-01 01:15:33
Model : TL-WR940N

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Primary Router: TP-Link Archer C9 V1
WDS Router:TP-Link WR940N V4.0

Hi,

I am trying to use the 940n as a wireless range extender through WDS. I have successfully managed to setup the system following the guideline given on TP-Link website and was able to use internet. Shortly after the setup, no device can connect to the router most of the times. mobile devices show "obtaining ip address" . same story with PCs. When I tried to connect a PC with a cable, it says unidentified network. During the rare occasions when a device actually connects, I am able to use internet but it would get disconnected after some time.

Please note, both router works perfectly individually.

HELP!
Options
3 Reply
Re:"Obtaining IP" issue with WDS bridger router
2017-10-05 18:08:02
C9 is the main router while 940N is on WDS mode, right? how about the firmware version of both routers? in addition, you can also try to change wifi channel of the main router
Options
2017-10-12 00:55:50
C9 is the main router yes. changing channel did not help. C9 firmware version 3.17.0 (updated couple months ago). cant check the 940n version as I cannot get into setup page.
Options
2017-10-12 18:22:06
You can reset 940N to config it again. Or move it closer. Remember to change Lan IP address and turn off DHCP on 940N.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3417

Replies: 3

Related Articles