TL-WR941HP speed issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WR941HP speed issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-WR941HP speed issue
TL-WR941HP speed issue
2017-10-06 06:18:57
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Ok, I just bought this wireless router, and I'm really dissapointed so far. I have a 50 Mbps internet connection, if I connect thru a LAN cable to the cable modem.
I've checked available wireless channels, and I found that in channel 5 I'm the only one connected. The question is, what do I have to do in orer to get at least a decent wireless speed with this router? I've been doing speed test in several locations of my house (not that big, 2 stories, 110 square meters), and I can't get more than, best case scenario, standing right next to the router, 15 Mbps. What's up with this? I bought this router because was called "wall breaker" or some crap like that, but not even close to that.
I've found there is not even an updated firmware for the device, and unfortunately I live in a country where I can't return the damn thing (Argentina).
Is there ANY way to make this router to work decently?
As I said:
1) Tried different channels
2) Tried switching to 11n only
3) Moving the router (as far as I can, the thing is wired to the cablemodem)

As I said even standing right next to the device I can't get near 20 Mpbs.
Please help, thank you.
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WR941HP speed issue
2017-10-06 19:22:04
You may try to change the channel width into 40MHz, by the way, how about the speed if you connect a computer to the tp-link router by cable?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 683

Replies: 1

Related Articles