T9UH signal drop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

T9UH signal drop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
T9UH signal drop
T9UH signal drop
2017-10-14 15:49:17
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

First question: is this a user to user support forum? Some posts here seem to suggest that it is so, confirmed by me not noticing any official response to any thread that I've visited. But OTOH it's on an official site, and when creating a new post, I see in red at the very top of the form:
[quote]* TP-LINK Tech Support Forum provides ONLY English service for the moment. Other language forms are still under construction. [/quote]
which suggests that we are on an official support forum.

Anyway. I got me a TP9UH EU/1.0 adapter, on a Win10/64 PC. The use case is: my land line is rubbish, DSL quality is poor but I have an unlimited 4G plan, and am sharing this cellular connexion from my smartphone with my PC. The TP9UH is thus on the desktop PC receving the shared connexion. I have the latest EU V1 drivers from this site (Archer T9UH_170623_Wins.zip) as well as the latest utility (Archer_T9UH(EU)_V1_Utility_160620.zip).

I also have a perfectly working ac Netgear A6210 adapter to compare the TP9UH with. The Netgear gives me stable transfer speeds of 4-6 MB/s at 2.4GHz and 8 MB/s at 5 GHz. But since my phone can go up to 18-25 MB/s, I wanted to get me a faster adapter.

The problem: the TP9UH downloads for about 10 seconds, then stops for 2, ad infinitum. It does indeed allow for faster speeds that the Netgear, up to 18 MB/s, but then the constant freezes not only drop the average, but also make it impossible to work from home and remain sane, with everything freezing for a couple of seconds every few seconds.

The freezes happen in 2.4 GHz mode as well as 5 GHz mode. The Netgear on the other hand is not affected at either speed. This happens when I am sharing from either my Xiaomi Mi Mix or my older Asus Zenfone 2. So I think we can narrow it down to the the TP9UH itself.

Both adapters connect to the phones at 443.5 Mbps. I did not find any utility to monitor the phone <-> adapter connection speed, so I only have the device>Status page to show it to me, and it does not refresh often enough for me to notice any connection speed drop. This happens when the adapter is 1 meter away from the phone, right next to it, or in the next room.

Some examples. These are screenshots from my keyboards LCD panel. It shows the transfer of the same 500MB from the net, at 2.4 GHz, at around 6 MB/s.

First, the TP9UH:

Then, as a comparison, the Netgear A6210:

Not only is the Netgear faster overall, but also no throughput drop. At 5 GHz on the TP9UH I have the same graph with drops, only 2-3 times higher.

I cannot keep it if it works this way. I need it for both work and for play, but I can barely work with all the freezes. I still have 3 weeks to send it back to Amazon if the issue is not resolved. Device Manager shows me plenty of settings for this device that I do not understand, so maybe there is a way to still fix it?

Thanks.
Options
5 Reply
Re:T9UH signal drop
2017-10-16 16:42:42
Everything freezes, like the mouse freezes on the screen too? It may be the driver is not totally compatible with your system. Try install the driver in safe mode.
Options
2017-10-17 14:28:59

Kevin SG wrote

Everything freezes, like the mouse freezes on the screen too? It may be the driver is not totally compatible with your system. Try install the driver in safe mode.

No, nothing freezes locally. The mouse, the disks, everything is working fine. By freezing I was referring to the remote machines I am accessing at the office, where the cursor, typing, copy/pasting, etc., and others are freezing while these signal drops are happening. Nothing of the sort when I am connected through my much slower landline, the slower Netgear adapter nor when I am USB tethering my phone. Only the TP-Link adapter is having these connection drops.
Options
2017-10-17 17:09:43
I have this adapter two , so far , it works fine on my win10 PC . Have tried to test this adapter on any other computer to see what happen?
I think contact tp-link support would be an option for this issue.
Options
2017-10-23 15:37:30
I can only agree with you, the best way to solve the problem - contact the support)
Options
2018-01-24 12:32:40
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 850

Replies: 5

Related Articles