Bluescreen caused by TP-Link WR-1043ND V1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-16 04:16:47
Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Dear community.

the above mentioned driver causes a bluescreen if two users are logged in in an actual Windows 10 system.

The bluescreen can be generated reproducible by the following way: In a Windows system, the first user can be logged in after starting the system and another user can be logged in, while the first user still stays logged in. After logging in the second user after less than 30 seconds, the bluescreen will appear.

This problem has been analysed in a German forum and the reason for the bluescreen is a link from the TP-Link driver of the second user on a reserved address from the first user. An exact description of the problem in the driver and a possible solution is described in the following forum at #10 and #21:
https://www.drwindows.de/windows-10-desktop/134905-bluescreen-zwei-benutzer-gleichzeitig-angemeldet.html

I would be pleased if somebody could fix the bug. Thanks a lot.

Marcus_KA
Options
18 Reply
Re:Bluescreen caused by TP-Link WR-1043ND V1
2017-10-16 15:53:11
You've reported to German support? The problem is bluescreen will appear on the second computer after logging in for a while when someone has already logged in from another computer? It just happens on Windows system?
Options
2017-10-16 16:23:41
Dear Kevin SG,

thanks for your answer.
The questions I may answer as follows:

Is there a German TP-Link support? I did not found one. I have just discussed this topic in a German forum called "Dr. Windows".

No, this is just one computer, where two users are logged in. Thus, the first user is at the time, the second ist logged in, just inactive. You can easily switch between these two users on the computer.

Because I only use Windows system, I know that the problem ill occure there.

Hopefully my answers will help you identifying and solving the problem.
Thanks

Marcus_KA
Options
2017-10-17 16:41:27
For German/Austrian Users Only
Tel:+49 1805 875465 (German Service) / +49 1805
TPLINKE-mail:support.de@tp-link.com
Fee:.14 EUR/minute from German landlines, up to .42 EUR/minute from German mobile networks
Service Time:9:00AM to 12:30PM and 1:30PM to 5:30PM, Monday to Friday except bank holidays in Hesse, Germany.
December 24th to 31st closed.
Hope it helpful
Options
2017-10-18 04:28:36
Hello vieldcs,

I apologise, but your remarks in #4 do not help me.

The mentioned TP-Link driver does not work under Windows 10 with two users logged in. Thus, the driver has to be corrected or reprogrammed. A support would not help; a new correct version should be provided for download.
Options
2017-10-18 16:48:17
have opened the link, https://www.drwindows.de/windows-10-desktop/134905-bluescreen-zwei-benutzer-gleichzeitig-angemeldet.html
but cannot understand German :confused: Do you mean when the win 10 computer connect to the wifi of the router, it caused bluescreen ?
Can you provide any screenshots ?
And what's the firmware version , hardware on your router ?
Options
2017-10-19 02:38:13
Daer vieldcs,

thanks for your kind support and your try to translate the German forum.

No, the computer does not connect via wifi, it is connected by lan. I work on a desktop computer. I simply start the computer and log in by my usual account. Later I log in again, as described above, to work with another account on the same computer. The first user is still logged in on the computer. Some seconds later, the computer crashes with a bluescreen. This is simply the crash description.

The router has the following configuration:
Firmware Version: 3.13.13 Build 130428 Rel.58290n
Hardware Version: WR1043ND v1 00000000
Are more information needed?

A screenshot is not possible, because it is just a bluescreen. The German forum asked me to provide them with files of the directory c:/windows/minidump. The filed contain information why the bluescreen appears. In #9 I placed the requested files. Here they are again:

dmp_Dateien.zip

Hopefully this will help you.

In #10 they show the reason, why they think that the TP-Link driver is responsible for the bluescreen:
[CODE]CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: b
CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ANALYSIS_SESSION_HOST: DESKTOP-86JL115[/CODE]
and
[CODE]SYMBOL_NAME: TplinkUDSMBus+9ee5

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: TplinkUDSMBus

IMAGE_NAME: TplinkUDSMBus.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 505bc72b[/CODE]

#21 describes the problem more detailed. The mentioned stack is the one that causes the problem. The three codes shows the problems in detail. The last two paragraphs I have translated as best as I could, hopefully this will help:
A feature called Threadsave / or Mutex and is hardly noticed with clients, or the software for it; however, it had times worked and MS has worked well there ........
On a server (terminal server), only the corresponding user session would be deleted, but not the server one.
In addition, the reason why the printer from the MM next door sometimes works unexpected on a server, the driver is not set up for it.
More modern servers, starting from 2012 R2 have an activatable feature, printer isolation: not the complete spooler says goodbye, but only this printer and the conclusion of it could already derive a systemadmin.

Can the problem be identified and understood by these remarks?

Marcus_KA
Options
2017-10-19 14:24:32
Sounds wired.What's the motherboard of your PC? When the PC connect to any other router, will it caused bluescreen?
all the PC has the issue, or just this win 10 PC?
Is there any firewall or anti-virus on your PC? You can turn off and see what happen.
Options
2017-10-20 04:43:03
The motherboard of the PC is an ASUS Prime B350-Plus with an AMD Ryzen 5 1600X processor. Today I have tried the procedure on my second computer, an ASUS A68HM-K with an AMD A6-7400K processor. The same problem occures. Both computer have no issues, just windows 10 installed.
The PC can only connect to one router, thus I can not test the connection to another router, sorry.

When deactivating the firewall (ZoneAlarm), there will be no bluescreen. I have tested the logging in with the firewall and the TP-Link driver: only when both are on both users running, the bluescreen will appear.

When I understood the discussion #21 in the German forum correct, the TP-Link driver uses a “pool” (I guess, this is something like a special address). Because the TP-Link driver wants to use the same pool by both users, the actual user has no access to the pool because it is blocked by the user who is inactive. This seems to cause the bluescreen.

Hopefully my remarks will help.
Options
2017-10-20 10:35:24

Marcus_KA wrote

When deactivating the firewall (ZoneAlarm), there will be no bluescreen. I have tested the logging in with the firewall and the TP-Link driver: only when both are on both users running, the bluescreen will appear.

Looks it is the firewall caused the issue? The users you refer here should be switch two user accounts on the same PC, right?
Options
2017-10-21 04:39:53
Yes, there are two users logged in and I switch between both on one computer.

The problem only occures with the firewall and (!) the TP-Link driver. By deactivating one, the other one runs with the two users.
On the other hand several other programs are running with the firewall in both accounts. Examples are Office Word are ControlCenter for scanning.

I also discuss this topic now in the German forum. Is this problem known with other programs? Are there problems known with the firewall (ZoneAlarm)?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1415

Replies: 18

Related Articles