Can TP-Link provide any reposone to WPA2 Security Flaw

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-16 16:23:04 - last edited 2022-02-16 11:52:00
Security researchers are announcing today a critical breach in the WPA2 protocol

US-CERT Advisory states
US-CERT has become aware of several key management vulnerabilities in the 4-way handshake of the Wi-Fi Protected Access II (WPA2) security protocol. The impact of exploiting these vulnerabilities includes decryption, packet replay, TCP connection hijacking, HTTP content injection, and others. Note that as protocol-level issues, most or all correct implementations of the standard will be affected. The CERT/CC and the reporting researcher KU Leuven, will be publicly disclosing these vulnerabilities on 16 October 2017.

Has TP-Link been made aware of the issues already and are they intending to release updates to equipment to solve or mitigate the severe vulnerability ?

-Edit - Details on Vulnerability have now been released - https://www.krackattacks.com/

P
lease redirect to: http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?101094-Security-Flaws-Severe-flaws-called-quot-KRACK-quot-are-discovered-in-the-WPA2-protocol
By Admnistrator
Options
34 Reply
Re:Can TP-Link provide any reposone to WPA2 Security Flaw
2017-10-16 17:08:05
Also very interested in a response to this, and personally for the Touch P5 specifically
Options
2017-10-16 19:00:41
Same question, Mikrotik already gave statement...
Options
2017-10-16 19:18:23
I'm also very interested if our devices will be updated, especially Archer C8.

More information on the attack details Key Reinstallation Attacks Breaking WPA2 by forcing nonce reuse: https://www.krackattacks.com/
Options
2017-10-16 19:31:21
Home user with TD-W9970 reading about this, also wanting to know if/when you will be patching this issue. As others have noted in this thread some vendors are already releasing updates so I hope you guys are already preparing one.
Options
2017-10-16 21:35:17
+1. An announcement on the main TP-Link page indicating when router firmware updates can be expected would be good. From what I'm reading, this exploit has been known since April. It's likely router manufacturers were given a heads up soon after.
Options
2017-10-16 22:23:53
+1. would love to know if I need to setup a home Radius server...
Options
2017-10-16 22:30:36
Me too. I would like to learn from TP-Link when we may expect an announcement from TP-Link and how this will be remediated for current and previous generation products as I run both.
Options
2017-10-16 22:32:56
I would also appreciate an update as to when we can expect a firmware update. This is a serious flaw and since this has been known for some months now, and some manufacturers have already released updates, it would be nice to get a timeline from TPLINK.
Options
2017-10-16 22:35:29
+1 having contacted online support their reply was dismissive of the problem which is surprising considering there hasn't been an official announcement…
Options
2017-10-17 00:35:18
Created an account to ask this question. I agree with Gadget that a statement on the front page or in the News section would be appreciated.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3776

Replies: 34