DAISY CHAIN Wi-Fi Extender RE450?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-22 20:01:48
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Can I daisy chain the RE450 to extend the range of the original Wi_Fi router?

I live in a house with a ground floor, basement and first floor which is constructed with ciment floors. The router is in one of the bedrooms upstairs, the signal in the kitchen on the ground floor is poor and the whole basement is a dead zone.

I planning to place an extender in the hallway on the ground floor next to the stair case and another one at the bottom of the stair case in the basement.

Thanks
Options
3 Reply
Re:DAISY CHAIN Wi-Fi Extender RE450?
2017-10-23 15:49:06
Under such environment, better to use powerline extenders such as TL-WPA8630kit if they are all under the same electrical circuit
Options
2017-10-28 10:53:18
Thanks for the reply; in parallel to posting on this forum I sent a questions to tech support, this is reply I got.

"... Our RE450 will support connection from the router about 7-8 meters if the router's range is 15 meters. And the topology should be:
router)))((( RE450, or RE450)))((( Router )))((( RE450
We do not suggest: Router )))((( RE450 )))((( another RE450 ...."

I'll start by getting a new WiFi router, the one I have is a late 2007 Airport Extreme Base Station, and place the new device in a more central location in the house. If that does not resolve the dead spaces & weak signals, then I'll install the powerline extenders. My bother-in-law installed those in his house including in his office, there he plugs his iMac & Macbook Pro directly to the network via ethernet. Apartly the increase in download speed is remarkable, and no need to route ethernet cables throughout the house.

Options
2017-10-30 18:29:17
good idea, the range should be much better than the current range.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 859

Replies: 3

Related Articles