Router Tp-link Archer C1200 as Access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-23 00:29:52
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Good evening, I'll explain my problem. I had problems wifi reception with the telecom (fiber) modem because I have very thick stone walls. Signal reception is already poor in the room next door so I thought about buying something better than the telecom modem. I took a tp-link Archer C1200 I tried to configure a side of the modem in the WAN but from the side of the room I had the same problem ... very poor wifi connection In the room where I neeed good wifi connection I have a switch. So i thinked I could use the tplink router archer c1200 as access point. But I tried connecting it to both the WAN and ethernet but I did not connect to the network. If I do the basic configuration and click on AUTO DETECT tells me "The wan port is unplagged". I tried a static 192.168.1.100 and 192.168.1.1 as gateway ( telecom modem ip) but it is not detected by the modem by any ping. Do I miss something or maybe you can not use it as a point of access? THANK YOU
Options
1 Reply
Re:Router Tp-link Archer C1200 as Access point
2017-10-23 13:48:44
You can try a different cable or plug the PC directly to the switch see whether has internet first
if your modem is not a bridge modem, it is an NAT device with DHCP, you canconfigure it as a access point
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 604

Replies: 1

Related Articles