Connect TP link extender (TL-WA850RE) to other TP link extender (TL-WA850RE)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-24 13:47:50
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello.
I have problem in my house that have 3 floors, the router in in the first floor and the first TP link extender (TL-WA850RE) is in the second floor and it works great for more than a year.
In the third floor I have a faint signal so I bought another TP link extender (TL-WA850RE) to enlarge the signal to the third floor where the extender is locate and I have some problems with the wifi in this floor it's not stable or disconnect every few minutes, so I remove the extender now until I will find how to make stable and good wifi connection between the two extenders.
Can anyone help me with this issue?
Options
1 Reply
Re:Connect TP link extender (TL-WA850RE) to other TP link extender (TL-WA850RE)
2017-10-24 17:39:49
It is not suggested to use a second extender connect to the first extender, as far as I know , extender works on half-duplex, speed will be half of the main router
If you used the second, the speed would be one quarter of the main router.
Recommend powerline extenders, such as TL-WPA8630, if all the floors under the same electrical circuit
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 944

Replies: 1

Related Articles