connection stability

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

connection stability

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
connection stability
connection stability
2017-10-25 10:45:57
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

hi,

i bought a range extender, TL-WA850RE, because my wifi doesn't reach my room, i'm talking about a 15 feet apartment, the thing is, that i connected it in the middle of the apartment, cuz either it's too close to my room, or to the router, my problem is that, even when i'm basically 5 feet from the range extender, my laptop doesn't get an stable wifi connection, i do have a good signal, i did the ookla speed test and it says that my laptop has 9mb from 20mb we're paying for, the thing is that it's unstable, i try to play an online game, and it's not stable i'm talking about the ms of the game.
is there any way to decrease the ms, or is this due to the trespass of the wifi signal from the router to the range extender and then to the computer?
Options
1 Reply
Re:connection stability
2017-10-25 17:10:37
The extender has the same SSID with the router or a different SSID? Suggest to use different SSID
Also test the router wifi is stable or not
check the firmware version and hardware, update to the latest first
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 266

Replies: 1

Related Articles