archcer c5400 wired speed sometimes drop massively

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-27 04:25:49
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

My Pc is connected with cat6 cable to my archer c5400. My down speed is 120mbps. Firmware up to date.

Sometimes when testing speed, my download drops massively to 0.5 to 2mbps. I have to reconnect the cable to the router or sometimes change port to fix it. It is ocurring more frequently.
Could this be a damaged router?
Options
4 Reply
Re:archcer c5400 wired speed sometimes drop massively
2017-10-27 09:22:37
what's the speed on other PC or mobile devices, will have the same issue?
Have you tried to change another cable?
Options
2017-10-28 00:04:54
Only my pc will suffer the problem, but then again its the only device connected through wire. And no because I would have to buy a 3m lan cable. (my current one is certified.)
Options
2017-10-30 17:00:45
You can also try another Ethernet ports on the router and try another wired PC to test the results.
Besides, pay attention to the speed showing on Local area connection status.
If that speed is abnormal, the last internet speed will not be good.
Options
2019-01-30 00:48:15

We had same problem. Im bought this router because of the features but I can attest that it contradict on what described in the specification. It makes us buyers dull and a lot of deception as their adverstisement about C5400 model.

Happyhour wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

My Pc is connected with cat6 cable to my archer c5400. My down speed is 120mbps. Firmware up to date.

Sometimes when testing speed, my download drops massively to 0.5 to 2mbps. I have to reconnect the cable to the router or sometimes change port to fix it. It is ocurring more frequently.
Could this be a damaged router?

Options