problem with repeater

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

problem with repeater

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
problem with repeater
problem with repeater
2017-10-31 09:43:04
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Greetings.. im having a problem with my TL-wa850RE ver2

I have a wifi router with a sid (homewifi) and connected the repeater with a sid (homewifi_ext)

i fixed some ips to have some control to my network:

Router: 192.168.1.1 -- dhcp enable
NAS 192.168.1.2 connected to the router *utp cable.
tplink repeater: 192.168.1.40 -- dhcp disable connected to router by wifi
Xeon Server: 192.168.1.50 (connected to homewifi_ext) connected to the extender by wifi

dinamic ips
computers and cellphones connected to different wifi depending the location and how strong the wifi signal is.

the problem is this.. if connect a notebook to the router wifi, i cant access to the xenon server or the tplink repeater or any computer on that side of the network..
if i connect to the repeater wifi, i can see all computers without problems..

All computers has internet.. other weird thing is, if i connect o the router wifi and try to access to the server or the tplink many times, for some reason start to work for some time...is like the tplink wont accept receiving connections. no clue at all..
Sorry my english
Options
5 Reply
Re:problem with repeater
2017-10-31 15:29:53
are you able to ping the xenon server or repeater's IP from the notebook connected to the router wifi?
Hope about plugging the xenon server to the repeater's Ethernet port ?
Options
2017-11-02 06:41:29
Hi, thanks for reply-..

when i do a ping i get "destination host unreachable..." or sort translation

and again for some reason after 10 minutes trying..it start to work..

Thanks!
Options
2017-11-02 16:56:26
Can you share how did it work?
Options
2017-11-03 19:24:57
** Start to work it doesn't mean it works fine.. i mean, start to work (for a time) the next day is not working again..

Set on a browser the ip of the repeater and then F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 and after some time.. everything works as it should.. i can see the server, i can use the wifi printer connected on the repeater etc.. everything is ok..

I know that's strange and that's why i have no clue..

But again, I can use the repeater's wifi anytime and i can see everything, the problem is only when i'm connected to the wifi or cable from the router trying to access to the computers and/or devices connected on the repetere's wifi. the router sees the repeater, the dhcp gives the right ip.. etc..

will share some pictures about the router config and the repeater.. maybe i'm missing something
Options
2017-11-06 17:51:48
It seems the repeater works as a bridge between the router the clients after the repeater.
So the router can see the repeater but not the devices hide behind it.
They still can access to each other, but can't be automatically seen.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1342

Replies: 5

Related Articles