WDS not working with 2 Archer C20s with MAC id filtering with new firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-04 10:23:20
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have 2 Archer C20 v4 with 170822 firmware. One is connected to the WAN upstairs and other is connected to the main router by Wi-Fi as an extender by using WDS/Bridge mode downstairs. I have disable WPS and Wi-Fi security, I am using only MAC id filtering.

I have enable the extended router's MAC ids (2.4GHZ and 5GHz) on the allowed list of the main router and vice versa. I have also enable all the devices' MAC ids - which I intend to connect - on both routers.

But the routers are not communicating with each other hence no internet downstairs. I called up the technical support and had a remote session, without any solution it ended. Then I took both the device to the tp link service centre - where they tried for a couple of hours and informed me that 'no one has had an issue like this, we will raise this and once we have a solution, we will get back to you'. Afterwards I called up the technical support team, and had a very long remote session, that too ended futile when the guy told 'my senior will be getting back to you', it's been two days, and no one has contacted back.
I used two TD W8968 devices with the same concept for over 2 years, and they still work. This archer C20 worked with the above said setup on older 161130 firmware. Now it doesn't work even when I revert back to older firmware.

Any has any idea regarding what I am missing here? Any configuration/setting that I need to enable/disable or change unlike in the old firmware.
Options
3 Reply
Re:WDS not working with 2 Archer C20s with MAC id filtering with new firmware
2017-11-06 19:19:51
The real mac address of the C2 may be different from the Mac address which it uses to connect to another device.
Suggest you to disable Mac filtering first, check the C2's Mac address in the DHCP list of the main router.
Then enable Mac filtering and add this mac address into the white list.
Options
2017-11-06 22:37:00
yes, that was it. I somehow figured it out when I saw a new MAC Id when I connected then without any security under the wireless statistics and added it to the allowed list. thank you for replying.
Options
2017-11-07 14:37:20
So is it working now?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 749

Replies: 3

Related Articles