AV500 wifi connection hangs with iOS devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-06 03:32:26
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi there

I have two AV500s in one room, near my router and they work fine – one is for TV boxes and the other is connected to the router.

In another room – where I have had trouble before in picking up the router signal – I have my Mac connected to an AV500 with two ports and wifi.

The wired connection is fine, just like in the other room, but I find that my iPhone 5s and iPad Air 2 will work when I come into the room with the Mac, but then drop the connection when I go back out to other rooms. I would have thought they would pick back up on the router default signal, but they don't. So, basically, it seems that going from the router room and rooms nearby it further away to the AV500 wifi room is fine – but not the other coming back the other way.

I'm not technically very clever so I don't even know where to start with this. It could even be a problem with the iOS gear or the router, an old Draytek vigor. Any help gratefully received...

Thanks

Lucian
Options
5 Reply
Re:AV500 wifi connection hangs with iOS devices
2017-11-06 18:08:22
Do the router and AV500 with the same wireless name and password?
Better to setup them to the same one.
http://uk.tp-link.com/faq-1611.html
Besides, even though they have the same wireless name, the connection will drop off for a while then reconnect automatically.
Options
2017-11-06 19:47:55

Shield101 wrote

Do the router and AV500 with the same wireless name and password?
Better to setup them to the same one.
http://uk.tp-link.com/faq-1611.html
Besides, even though they have the same wireless name, the connection will drop off for a while then reconnect automatically.

Hi Shield. Thanks for this. I've installed the utility and interestingly, although I can see all three plugs and it identifies one as having wifi it only gives me three options: rename, reset (which I tried) and version – in other words, there's no 'wireless' option so I can't change the name. There's also no LED option either. Weird. Maybe that's the problem?

thanks
Options
2017-11-07 15:06:16
What's the actual model number of your AV500?
The tpplc utiliy is not compatible with some old version powerline extenders.
If so, you can use the old utility following the instruction below:
http://uk.tp-link.com/faq-398.html
Options
2017-11-07 17:21:48
Thanks for coming back on this. That worked – actually there's a tab on the utility that says 'website', which I thought just went to the general TP-Link website but in fact it goes to the unit's admin page. Anyway, this seems to work – I've had a quick test of the iOS devices in each room and they seem to hold the connection much better. When the iPad did go down to one bar of connectivity I was able just to turn the wifi on the tablet off and on and it reconnected. So thanks very much – that seems to have done the trick!
Options
2017-11-08 14:59:35
Glad to hear this good news! lol
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 484

Replies: 5

Related Articles