Sudden Lag in Skype and League of Legends (possibly elsewhere too)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-07 07:42:56
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello and Greetings from Greece.

Recently I've upgraded from the Vodafone ZTE Router (ZTE ZXHN H108N), to the TD-W9977, and after configuring everything with one of our local providers (Vodafone or HOL), everything went great for a while. Last 3 or 4 days, after a couple of patches on 2 different games (Fortnite and LoL) -don't know if it has something to do with the lag or anything, probably not-, Skype sounds like it's being repeatedly cut (sounds like when u press repeatedly space on a YouTube video), and lol stutters and seems like it's going in Slow Motion. Is there anything I can do besides restoring to factory settings to maybe have a decent connection for a call and/or a game of LoL (don't even know if it would help)?? It's currently pretty unplayable. Also I don't know (I haven't noticed anything) if something else lags too. I can stream decently and youtube rarely freezes (although it didn't before switching to the new one).

Thanks in advance
Options
6 Reply
Re:Sudden Lag in Skype and League of Legends (possibly elsewhere too)
2017-11-07 13:57:49
You may try to uninstall and reinstall the skype and League of Legends.
Try the computer with skype and the game with another wifi signal or connect that computer to the modem by an Ethernet to do a test.
Setup bandwidth control and high priority for this computer.
Options
2017-11-15 14:59:09
I don't think it's because of router because bandwidth and speed remains same from the provider. Software can be the issue here with compatibility.
Options
2020-04-09 18:27:14 - last edited 2020-04-18 20:47:35
Options
2020-04-09 23:04:01

@Panos Bucket 

It's hard to say what could be the real cause of the problem, it may be the Interference and congestion of 2.4G or it may be the bad router or it may be the bad Internet provider. To figure it out, you need some knowledge and experience to dignostic step by step. According to my experience, mostly, it's related to the interference and congestion of 2.4GHz WiFi. This is the nature of 2.4G network.

The best solution is to upgrade your 11N router to a 11AC router like Archer seires, for example, Archer VR300. 

Here is a simple suggestion that may help you without changing the router. Download a wifi scanner tool and find the most idle channel and go to the router's web configuration page and choose this channel manually.

Options
2020-04-15 16:31:02

Hi there. I had exactly the same problem. It was really terrible, but I have fixed it. The problem was in the bad internet provider. After changing it the problem disappeared once and forever

Options
2020-06-10 00:04:16

@Shield101 it doesn't help i tried
I'm especially tired of problems with the League of Legends

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3110

Replies: 6

Related Articles