Can not connect router with PC and NAS with 1Gbps on LAN (only 100Mbps)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-08 19:42:18
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have more of the beginners question probably. I have 1 NAS with 1Gbps LAN card, 1 PC with 1Gbps LAN card and TV wih 100Mbps card on router TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND V2 (I have latest firmware from TP-Link page).

I wander how routers work. Should all 1Gbps items communicate between each other with 1Gbps and only with TV at 100Mbps ? Or will all communicate at 100Mbps becouse of TV which has that slow Ethernet card ? I wonder how in theory routers work regarding this. I mean are all 4 LAN port on my router independent or they all comply to lower denominator which is TV 100 Mbps LAN card connected to it.

When I copy files from PC to NAS is really slow at 100Mbps. I would really like these two item to communicate at 1Gbps.

I use cat5e cables at distances no more than 5 meter.

Best regards.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Can not connect router with PC and NAS with 1Gbps on LAN (only 100Mbps)
2017-11-09 10:32:11
The lan ports are separate with each other. TV won't affect the speed of other devices.
Check the link speed on PC and NAS whether they are 1Gbps.
Better to use a CAT 6 cable with high quality.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 622

Replies: 1

Related Articles