Print direct from Android to Wireless Print Server TL-WPS510U

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-10 11:50:48
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I'm wondering if it is possible to print directly from an Android device to any printer connected to a TP-Link Wireless Print Server TL-WPS510U on the same network?

On the product page, it says:

"With the TL-WPS510U, there is no need for a dedicated computer anymore, everyone on the network is empowered to print to a shared printer at any time."

However, it looks like you still need a laptop/desktop in the house since there is no mention of it working directly with Andriod or iOS

My elderly neighbour has a very slow old PC and only needs it so he can print things out - everything else he does with his Samsung Tablet. I told him he can buy a wireless print server and throw out his PC - but maybe I'm wrong?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Print direct from Android to Wireless Print Server TL-WPS510U
2017-11-10 13:50:11
Only if the printer company provides the printer driver for the tablet, then he can use the tablet to print through the TL-WPS510U.
Options
Re:Print direct from Android to Wireless Print Server TL-WPS510U
2017-11-11 05:42:49
Aha thanks Ada, I will find out what printer he has and hopefully it will have a printer driver for Android...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4155

Replies: 2